GKR: Heavy Hitters Robot Combat Tabletop Game on Kickstarter
GKR: Heavy Hitters is the first tabletop game by Weta Workshop, best known for movies special effects like LOTR, Avatar and Mad Max. Cryptozoic and Weta are bringing you a tabletop game set in the sports-crazy dystopian future of Giant Killer Robots! Check out the Kickstarter video below:
The near-future is here, and Earth’s abandoned cities are now battlegrounds for the ultimate spectator sport: GIANT KILLER ROBOTS!
GKR: Heavy Hitters is a standalone game for 2 – 4 players. It combines high-quality collectibles with dice-rolling, mech-building and tactical play! Pilot your Heavy Hitter (the biggest, baddest robot on the board) and a squad of three Support Units through the ruins of an old city, competing to either wipe your opponent off the map or reduce four skyscrapers to rubble.
Key Game Features
- A unique hex-based tabletop gameplay experience
- x4 Giant high-quality Heavy Hitter miniatures up to 139mm tall
- x12 highly detailed Support Units standing up to 47mm tall.
- x10 Buildings that break up the landscape and alter the way you play, every time
- x193 cards with unique artwork from Weta Workshop artists
- Four corporate Factions, each with its own weapons and abilities
- Four Pilots with special skills
- Five distinct phases of play
- Two ways to win!
The project has already smashed a number of stretch goals. Pledges start at $99 and you can do so here.
The Four Factions
Gameplay Overview Video