Parallax: Warbands on Kickstarter
Parallax: Warbands is a new fast-paced skirmish miniatures game now on Kickstarter. Players compete with warbands and try to claim their own objectives while foiling your opponent’s plans. Warbands are made up of 4 – 8 models and you can use miniatures from any of the 6 factions in the game. Your warband selections count as they greatly impact on which abilities and skills you have access to during a game. Check out the Kickstarter video below.
A miniatures skirmish game with RPG-style customizability. Build a Warband to complete missions and foil the plans of your enemies.
The Kickstarter project is just about 2/3 funded. The pledge system is very customizable and you can back from as little as $10 for just 1 minature. Check out the Kickstarter page here.
The warbands need to complete objectives based on contract cards during a game. At the start of a game the players choose their contract cards and earn victory points for completing the contracts, but can also lose points for failing to complete their contracts. I like the contract dynamic as it should keep each game interesting.
Features of the Game:
- Six unique factions
- Five specialized classes
- Two different ways to play:
– Campaign mode – build your characters from the ground up by choosing attributes, skills and progression paths
– Personality mode – compose your Warband from a wide selection of pre-made characters
- More than 100 distinct skills and abilities for character creation
- character advancement as you play
- 44 Contract Cards
- Streamlined d10 System, where injuries impact characters as the battle progresses
- Beautifully detailed miniatures made out of high-quality resin
Here’s an interview with the creator, Adam at Wondercon 2015. It shows just how big the miniatures are!